Monday, August 10, 2009

Up and Running

Next week, is the first of sixteen weeks that will once again be organized by my "jogging and blogging" regimen. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I will write a blog post from 6:00 to 7:00. On Tuesday and Thursday mornings I will go for a jog, and will do so again on Saturday or Sunday, taking a longer run before lunch or dinner.

The rest of an ordinary weekday is spent editing people's writing in the morning and meeting with them or doing administrative work in the afternoons.

Last week I implemented the jogging part of that regimen. This week I'm going to add the blogging part in a casual manner to get used to getting up at 6:00 again (I've been having a much less structured summer). The point of having a such a regimen is to train your mind to think terms of weeks, days, and hours in which to get work done. And to make sure that you actually have that time to do it in.

No comments: